We care about our environment and love where we live and work. Being members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme and possessing a Silver Award helps prove our committment to doing our bit to help ensure that our planet lasts and lasts and allows us to live happily in a way we and others can enjoy
Lucky enough to be based in our National Park Fiona is a Brecon Beacons National Park Ambassador and has also been presented with a Sustainable Tourism Champion Award. Ambassadors are tourism businesses and individuals who are passionate about the National Park.
The Ambassadors attend a three day training programme which helps them to discover and understand what makes a visit to our National Park special. They have taken time out of their business to make sure they offer outstanding information and service.
Whether you are booking accommodation, a place to eat or an activity, look for the Brecon Beacons Ambassador logo. It will ensure you have access to a wealth of local knowledge from a passionate Brecon Beacons enthusiast, which will make your visit extra special.
Our Environmental Policy:
The Red Giraffe Studio is committed to minimising its activities on the environment
There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impacts through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded bronze, silver and gold accreditation for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible.
The Red Giraffe Studio has become a member of the GTBS and was given a SILVER Award in December 2011. Tourism is one of the main economic drivers in the UK and this scheme plays its part in creating a sustainable environment which will benefit us all.
- We aim to be responsible for everything we do. Wherever we go and whatever we do we have some impact on the environment and our community. By making positive choices we can help look after our local area and ensure that it retains everything that is special about it. By also supporting The Size of Wales Initiative we are also committed to helping the global environment.
- We will comply with all relevant legislation.
- We use environmentally friendly washing and cleaning products (Ecover and ceramic pods and Eden Micro organisms supplied by a local business for whom we act as agent)
- Wherever possible we will raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist our customers support.
- We actively promote recycling and minimisation of waste by following the policy of REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE. We take cardboard, tin cans, newspapers and magazines to our local recycling tip. We recycle our printer ink cartridges via the Llandovery 1st Scout Group as part of their fund raising venture. Coffee grounds are used on our plants
- We use recycled paper in our printers
- We use ebilling where possible and also limit emails printed and encourage others to do likewise
- We use Low energy (LED) light bulbs where possible and are replacing existing light bulbs with LEDS as they fade. We buy the light bulbs from a local supplier.
- We encourage our customers to BUY LOCAL, STAY LOCAL, EAT LOCAL AND SEE LOCAL. We are a member of Llandovery and District Chamber of Commerce whose aim is to encourage the visitor to Llandovery through its Love Llandovery Campaign
- We support the Countryside Code and encourage visitors to respect our surroundings to protect our plants and animals, to take litter away, to leave gates and property as they are found and to keep dogs under close control. Consideration of other people when visiting the countryside just makes plain sense
- We provide information on local things to do and means of getting there
- We support local, ethical and fair trade wherever possible in both the products we sell and the products we use. We believe in “Aid through Trade”.